Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Marshmallow Challenge!

   In science class today, we did a lab in which we had to build a structure that can hold up. We had to build the structure from uncooked pasta, masking tape, and a single marshmallow. 
   The two other people and I drew our own structures and took different ideas from each to develop our main idea for it. We started with a triangular base that held down well. We then went up with strong supports that would hold up well. We put a cross at the top of the triangle-shaped structure, to balance it out. Then, to add height, we went straight up, but to make it hold better, we did supports building off of the cross. From there, we used the rest of our tape to make it better supported. 
  In the end, the structure held well and the stress of building it was worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. I like how you guys preplanned with drawings and used each other's ideas. The triangular base was a successful design. I think that was one reason for your overall success!